Friday, March 14, 2008

Haircut, Easy Recipes, and More Randomness

Well, here it is! Finally the beginning of my new life. Ha. Just kidding. Here's my haircut. Don't mind our messy room! I should've taken a before picture. She cut about 6 inches off.


We're in trouble now! Alisa figured this out on her own. She must be a second child! With Jake, we were moving his arms and legs for him to get him to crawl. With her, we're like, "Oh, now she's crawling! Oh, now she's walking!" It's just different the second time around. Don't worry, she's not really neglected. Just more independent. ***Warning*** Video contains brief nudity.

Jake, as usual, is funny as ever. We gave Alisa a half of a banana to see how she'd do (usually we cut it up). She was stuffing the whole thing into her mouth, which was quite hilarious. Jake looked over and inquired, "Does she have a big ol' chunk?" It was said so seriously that I had to laugh. A big ol' chunk? Guess I have said that...

Two or three times now, out of the blue, he has told us, "I don't want to get baptized. Just mom and dad get baptized." We assure him that he can't get baptized for a long, long time anyway.

Lastly, the recipes for last night's din-din.

Mexican Pork

1 pork shoulder or butt roast, or are those the same thing?
minced garlic
hot mexican chili powder
kosher salt

Stab the pork several times on all sides (violent, I know). Fill holes with garlic (about 1/4 t. in each). Rub whole thing with 1-2 T. hot mexican chili powder and 1-2 T. kosher salt. Put in crockpot on low for 8 hours. After maybe 6 or 7 hours, shred pork and put back into juice in the bottom. Serve on warmed corn tortillas with sour cream, a squeeze of lime, shredded cabbage, and salsa if desired. 

Berry Cobbler

2-3 packages frozen mixed berries, thawed (can add sugar if you want...you don't technically have to thaw them)
1 vanilla cake mix
1 cube butter
vanilla ice cream or whip cream

Put berries in 9X13. Cut butter into cake mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over top. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or whip cream.

9 comments:

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

It looks so pretty!! I can't believe she cut 6 inches....holy cow! It must have been sooo long!!

Colleen said...

Your hair looks fabulous, dawling!

Jacqui said...

You have the glossiest, shiniest hair I have ever seen, ever! Seriously, it gorgeous, Al. I couldn't get the vid. to work, but I can't believe Alisa is walking!

And for those of you who don't know, you HAVE TO try this pork recipe. It's TDF. To Die For. YUMMMMM!

The cobbler recipe is yummy, too, and so fast when you're in a hurry for a good dessert.

Kristi said...

I love yor hair!!! It looks so pretty! and - SOOOOO excited to try the pork! YUM!

Kristi said...

sorry - YOUR hair :)

Ashley said...

Um, that berry stuff sounds delic. Can I count it as my two fruit servings. I think I am going to make it right now...love your hair.

megan said...

I really love your hair! I think it is super cute. And your day the other day that you were describing- made me tired just reading it...supermom is what I would call that post@

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful, as always! Hair cuts are fun, but your hair is still really long and pretty!

Haynes Family said...

You have gorgeous hair and you look so great!!