Monday, March 10, 2008

Jake kicked me in the stomach as I was trying to put on his jammies. I was really mad and just gave myself a time out for a minute. When I went in to talk to him, we had a very adult conversation...
Me: Jake, you kicked me in the stomach. [pause...waiting for an apology]
Jake: I certainly did. [I didn't understand what he said]
Me: Jake, you kicked me in the stomach. [another pause...waiting]
Jake: I certainly did. [totally straight face]
Me: You certainly did?
Jake: Yes, I certainly did.

Well, I couldn't help but laugh. I tried to hide it but he saw through it. He said sorry, but he was laughing the whole time. What a stinker! 

The other day we were buying tomato plants and herbs for the garden. Jake was a bit rambunctious and there was a nice man at the store trying to distract him. He asked Jake if he had a dog at home. Jake said no but he had a horse. The man was impressed. So he asked me if we really had a horse. Then Jake said, "He's name is Bullseye!" Yep, we have a TOY horse (thank you, Papa Crane!) that Jake named Bullseye after Woody's horse on Toy Story 2. I must say that he debated between Bullseye and Spirit, but Bullseye won. That's about the closest we will get to having to a pet... sorry, Jake! 

We're sitting at the table and Jake randomly says, "Maybe Abby is Corbula in Spanish." Yeah, maybe. Ha, ha.

7 comments:

Jacqui said...

LOL, LOL, LOL!!!! That is the funniest thing I've heard all day. "I certainly did?" Ha ha ha! You have your work cut out for you, lovie! Lolololol...that is laugh out loud, out loud, out loud, because I am STILL laughing!

Kristi said...

I love it and like Jaqui i am STILL laughing! He is so funny!

Anonymous said...

That is good that you could walk away, I have a bad temper and I juts explode at things like that. It sounds like Jake has a great personality though and keeps you laughing!

Colleen said...

Jake cracks me up. It's great when your kids start repeating the things you say. I remember when Lisa was two and instead of saying "no" she said "absolutely not". Kids say the funniest things!

Angie said...

What a crazy kid, it sounds like so much fun from this end. I read this 15min. ago and I am still laughing. Linda and Jenni have said several times how funny he is...I had no idea it was at this level! :-)

Camille said...

That is hilarious!! What do you say to that right?!? It makes you wonder how our parents ever made it through alive huh? Too funny thanks for sharing!

Nicole Palmer said...

WOW!!! SOOOOO funny!!!