Tuesday, September 9, 2008

In Denial













Just look at those beauties!!! Remember this? Well, I have been in denial for the past few days, but those little pearly whites are soon to be extracted! That's right. Maybe I am a really vain mama, but I REALLY don't want Jake to be toothless for three or four years! How sad! I just can't even think about it! It makes me feel physically sick. So I just pretend nothing is wrong and live in denial. It's a much happier place to be.

In other news, and just for my record, Alisa sang her first tune at 14 months. Any guesses as to what it was? I'd leave you in suspense but I don't want anyone losing sleep over the matter. She sang, and still sings, the DARTH VADOR THEME SONG (you know... duh, duh, duh, duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-duh...). Who do you think was responsible for that?

We checked out the CD from the library and listened to it for a week or so in the car. Next thing I know, she's singing it. No joke! She now also sings the melody of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. What a cutie. She has started repeating words, which is way cute. We are trying to get her to start saying "please" when she wants to eat, instead of "ah, ah, ah!" with mouth wide open, although I must admit that her voice is so tiny and high--it's really cute!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Oh, that is so sad! How did you come to that decision? His teeth seemed fine at the lake. Remember when Josh knocked out one front tooth and the other one was black? He had that for a couple of years until his big teeth came in. Gave him real character!! It will be hard to bite apples and such. Poor little buddy.