Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Kids

Last night, Jake was scared. Again. He was starting to cry in bed as he sqeaked out, "Mom, did Heavenly Father give me the gift of the Holy Ghost?" 

What a sweetie. I wonder if he learned about it in Primary last Sunday? So I told him that Heavenly Father sends the Holy Ghost to us to help us feel happy, to feel His love for us, to help us not be scared, etc. I told him that he could pray to feel those things any time. I love being a mom! He calmed down and fell asleep soon after. He is so precious. 

Lately he will say, "I don't love it." If he doesn't like something. Like when he tried these scrumptious and naughty orange coconut rolls Scott made for some friends of ours. He didn't love the coconut. I guess that's better than saying he hates it. 

Jake's new favorite game is to be Nacho and have Scott be the bull. He cranks his arm, just like that scene in the movie, and Scott charges and throws him over his back. Tonight after they did that twice, Alisa came running/tripping/skipping up (you should see it--it's pretty hilarious!) and threw herself onto Scott saying, "Like Jake." As with everything, she wanted to do it like Jake. So Scott threw her gently over his back, too. She was thrilled. 

I've noticed that many of Alisa's words sound the same. She gets the syllables, but not really the correct sounds. For instance, she says the same thing for blanket, princess, breakfast, and leg lift. Ok, not leg lift, but I forgot the other word. She also does plural words, such as "mores" for more. She is pretty good at saying please: help please, pretzel please, fish please. 

Sorry for lack of pictures. I tucked my camera safely away... somewhere. I don't remember where. Must be the pregnant brain kicking in again. 

2 comments:

Jen-ben said...

SO so CUTE!!! I love stuff like this!

Colleen said...

Do you think Jake thought the Holy Ghost was a scary ghost?
Jake is so funny when he gets obsessed with movies or characters. I wouldn't have imagined he would be a Nacho fan, but why not? Maybe sometimes he will wear stretchy pants in his room, when he is a man.