Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Bird

I forgot to write this down! I think it was Monday morning. The kids and I had just gotten back from running. I was out of the shower and heard the lawn care guys coming. I went out back to pick up all the toys on the lawn so they could mow it. I was seriously outside for maybe one minute. When I got back in, Jake said, "Hey, mom. There's a bird!" Sure enough, a bird had flown through our open door in the minute I was outside. What?! 

Many of you know, but I do not do well with fluttery things (i.e. MOTHS--yeah, Jacq, you know what I mean!) and this bird was stuck in a corner behind a shelf FLUTTERING. I didn't know what to do! I opened the doors and got the broom, thinking I would hit it out. Then it stopped fluttering and no matter where I swept the broom, I couldn't hear it. I kept imagining me bending down in the corner to look and it fluttering in my face and pecking out my eyes. So, I did what any panicked girl would do. I called my hubby! Yep, that's right. Luckily, he didn't have class right then and was studying in the library, so I loaded the kids up and went to pick up my brave man. He came home and got the bird out...my hero! What a weird day! (And YES, Ash B. you were right about how to spell WEIRD...I stand corrected!) :) 

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

That is seriously hilarious. I think I say that every time I post a comment on your blog. Come to think of it...I can't even remember the last time you posted a comment on MY blog...well, anyways...

Ya know something funny? This happened to my neighbors twice, and the HUSBAND went to get the WIFE to get the bird out. How pathetic is that? I am all about being the damsel in distress in certain situations!! ;)

Jacqui said...

PS Where did you get the cute blog template? I need a change...