Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mama needs a Love!

Yesterday was a little rough. I slept from about 12-2 am. Alisa woke up screaming (I think because she is sick???) and didn't go back to sleep until 4. Jake woke up promptly at 6 am and was GROUCHY (who wouldn't be at 6 am?!). I was battling to get him to take off his diaper and use the potty. It was rough. Sometime that morning I must've looked about how I felt, because Jake turned to me, opened up his arms, and enthusiastically said, "Mama, I need to give you a love!" He hugged me and told me he loved me. Yeah, it's all worth it!

Jake was throwing some shoes around and I asked him to please stop. He took my by surprise when he replied, "Mom, I listening to you." It took me a minute, but I said, "Oh, you are?" "Yes, I listening to you. Don't touch the computer and don't touch anything, and don't touch the saw 'cause it's sharp..." I said a big THANK YOU for listening and he continued, "Yes, and don't touch anything..." Is that the message he's getting???

I was going to the bathroom and he was whining that he wanted to "hold you." When I told him I wasn't going to hold him while I went potty, he stormed into the bathroom after me and demanded, "Let me in NOW! Let me in here RIGHT NOW!" I said it wasn't nice to talk to me that way (where did he learn that, anyway?) and he said, "This is a big problem, that's what I said." OK, where did he get that?

Aren't these cute? Scott volunteered to take Alisa after she woke up and they both ended up falling asleep again...aw...
Close up of our little chubster
Waited too long to put her down for a nap
Jake and Grandpa Seaman plowing the street during a snowstorm (they live on a private drive out of town). Jake was finally well enough to go outside. BRRRR!


4 comments:

Angie said...

Hey, I just found you guys thru Jen Fauset's blog!!! Yeah, I didn't know you were out there!! I'm going to have to put some serious work into my blog and get it up to speed.

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

Those pictures of Alisa are so cute. What a sweet little baby!

Anonymous said...

You little girl is so cute! I love her chubby cheeks! Now that we are Mom's I think we have to say goodbye to ever sleeping again....it is really so sad!

Colleen said...

I LOVE your blog! I have tears running down my face reading the funny things that Jake says and does! The pics are so cute!