Wednesday, January 16, 2008

?Que dia es hoy?

Ok, I am losing my mind. Our garbage pick-up is on Wednesdays at 6 am, so we always take the trash out Tue. night. Well, it just happened that I was an over-achiever and took it out Mon. Actually, I thought it was trash day the next day. So Tuesday night comes, and I go out and drag in the garbages while I'm out putting something in the car. I thought they were a bit heavy, but didn't give it a second thought. 

Tonight (Wed. night) I took out the garbage and recycling. I was a little miffed when I noticed that they didn't take our recycling! Then, throwing away the trash bag, I noticed there was another bag in there. It was processing while I returned to the house (yes, it took a little while!) and it hit me...TODAY was trash day. What was I thinking????

5 comments:

snlbarney said...

I completely know where you're coming from! I think it's the spoiling we had during vacation, and now that we have to turn on our brains, they are slow to boot-up:) Give us a few more days and we will be the wonderful women we were four weeks ago:)!

Jacqui said...

These are things we don't admit, Al. ;) Kidding. I am there with you 110%! My brain rarely works now-a-days. However, I did go to an adults-only book club last night, and after about an hour of stimulating discussion, I could literally feel my brain turning on. I actually started REMEMBERING book titles and authors. It was a short-lived miracle (brain's gone again this morning), but it gives me hope that maybe someday it'll be back.

Kristi said...

I just hope Jonathan doesn't read this and find out there are women who take out the garbage!!!!
You crack me up:)

megan said...

HOw funny! You did only get about 2 or so hours the night before though!! You were running on empty! Brains freeze up a bit at that stage! Good for you though that you even took it out!

Anonymous said...

I do things like that every day and I just don't get why I can't get it all together. I think I am slowly giving up on myself and just doing my best...!