Monday, January 28, 2008


A week ago we were getting ready for church and Jake was putting make up on with me. Yeah, I've told him many times it's just for girls. Anyway, we were about to go, and he casually says, "Well, I look pretty nice with my make ups...but don't touch the make ups, ok? Do you understand?" My masculine toddler. 
When I got back from running on Saturday, Jake said, "Oh, hi, mom! I am happy you are so here! Did you have a good race?" I said yes. He came to hug me and then said, "Oh, you are all sweaty. Do you want to take a quick shower? Maybe you should take a quick shower, mom." Honesty, I love it. 
Speaking of honesty, Jake had his tools this morning and was measuring my back side while I was bending over assembling a toy horse for him. He told me not to move because he was measuring me. I asked if my bum was big and he promptly answered no. Don't know if it was honest, but hey! it made me feel good! Right answer, Jake! 

7 comments:

Kaydi Paxman said...

Ali! So good to hear from you, you and Scott have such a beautiful family! and I'm a little jealous that you are living in So. Cal- that's where I was going to go next for travel nursing but then I got distracted. :o) And, I love the running stories, I took up running about 5 years ago and love it! maybe we'll end up in a race together sometime. wow-long comment. sorry. :o) tell scott i said hello!

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

That story about him measuring you made me laugh out loud!

Kristi said...

Oh gosh - you just gotta love it eh? The other day after I got ready Russ said, "Mom - you are not 'beaufiul' today - you did the wrong makeup"
Oh dear! He also likes makeup and doing hair - I guess we will just have to hope this is a "stage" right? They are the exact same age:)

Anonymous said...

Jake is funny! You can always count on kids to be honest so I would trust that he would tell you otherwise about your back side!

Jacqui said...

Hilarious. Love it!

Kristi said...

Ali - Thanks for the comment on the hair. RE:yours - I think you would look so pretty with short hair, especially the style that flips out in the back - do you know the one I mean? Anyhow, I would go for it if I were you too - and I think I'm gonna! yeah!

megan said...

He says such cute things!! I love the random comments! We'll definitely have to try Pho, we've never had any! How do you make it or where do you buy it?