Thursday, January 31, 2008

Just a spoonful of sugar...


Jake doesn't need a spoonful of sugar. He has always LOVED taking medicine.* I have to write this before I forget! Tonight we were kicking a bouncy ball back and forth. He ran at it full-speed and stepped on it instead of kicking it, which landed him flat on his head! It was sad! As I was comforting him, he had to go potty. While in there, he said, "When there's a little boy that falls down and gets a bonk on his forehead (it was the back of his head) and it hurts and he is sad, then you give him the white medicine so his head is all better and he feels all better!" Yep, Children's Motrin--dye free--solves all your problems! So we gave him a little bit for the headache. The funny thing is, about two minutes later, he fell and hit his ribs. What was the only thing that would cure his owies? You got it. The white medicine.

*all medicine except for robitussin...too spicy!
(and no, we didn't give him any more!)

8 comments:

Jacqui said...

That picture needs to be framed! It's priceless.

Jacqui said...

So it's 8:30 am here, and Olivia and Ethan are already watching Monsters, Inc. I know, I know, but it's snowing like crazy outside and that makes me want to hybernate. Anyway, Olivia, in true out-of-the-blue Olivia style, says, "Mom, when's Jake coming to our house?" I told her I didn't know. She says, "Probably in a year and a half...Yeah, I can't wait until he comes because then I can sing "It's a Small World" songs to him. He loves It's a Small World songs, Mom."

Jacqui said...

hibernate....hybernate. Why the heck did I spell it like that?!

Anonymous said...

Cute shot of Jake. Medicine is the best when it taste good for the kido's!

Jacqui said...

Good luck in your marathon, Al. Post some sweaty pics for us all to ooo and ahhh over! You're amazing!!

Kristi said...

Our kids LOVE to take their meds too. I guess I don't give them enough candy so anything sweet is super exciting! You should see them drool over their vitamins in the morning - weird:)

Nicole Palmer said...

Jake is a hoot!!! I love reading your blog just to see what funny things he says & does. You have got to be cracking up all the time!

Cannon said...

This was a cute story. I loved Jake's dialogue. I have had kids who love medicine and kids who clamp their mouth shut and scream about it, and I MUCH prefer the kind who love it. You just have to lock it up and make sure the lids are on tight.

I had a friend who made a placebo Tylenol (the pink kind) by putting Fruit punch in the Tylenol bottle when it was empty. She always tried that first to see if it "helped" the pain go away for some of the minor bumps and bruises in life.