Thursday, July 17, 2008

Funny As Ever

The latest from Jake

We are memorizing John 3:16 for our scripture study lately, which explains why Jake opened a credit card junk mail, pulled out the plastic sample card, and said, "This is my card. My only begotten card!"

Mom, I waked up at tworty-five! (He tells me this every morning)

We were at a stop light, and Jake asked who the guy in the yellow and green truck was. 
-I don't know. Why?
-That guy just did "two" to me. 
-Really?
-Yep. I did "two" to him back.

So, Jake has become hip. We pull in to the gas station and Jake flashes a "two" or peace sign, to the guy next to us. Nice.

3 comments:

The Baum Squad said...

Hi Ali,

Thanks for stopping by. Grandma had told me you all had a blog. I'm glad you found us. Your kids are adorable. I can't believe how much Jake looks like Scott. It sounds like there aren't spoiled at all by Grandmas and Grandpas, aunts, ect. Your pictures of Lake Powell make me miss the days when it was me going to the lake with the Seamans. Two weeks? You guys are champs. Keep in touch....

Caitlin said...

Ali, You have a smart boy. That is so sweet. He is also very hip to be flashing the peace sign at people. He sounds pretty uninhibited (is that the right word even) just like my little guy.

A said...

Going Private!? would you be willing to include a closet reader? Do you even know who I am? I have been secretly reading your blog for a long time. Is that creepy? Sorry if it is. I grew up down the street from Scott, although I'm a few years older. I even took piano lessons from his mom and went on many many scout hikes with Scott's dad when he was the scout master and I was the pain in the butt scout. Also I kinda know you too Ali. One of my good friends dated your older sister in High school. I read Jacqui's blog all the time. Anyways Id love an invite to your blog and now that you know about me I promise to comment. I have been tempted to leave comments many times, but I didn't... oh yeah my email address is... alanmchood AT gmail.com