Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vacation Post #2--for picture lovers

Ok, here are muchas fotos of Lake Powell with the Crane's. It was soooo fun--Thank you so much, Mom and Dad!!! It is a TON of work to prepare, load, park, anchor, etc. the boat. I think we did ok short-staffed, don't you? We lost some rope and dug twice, but hey, it was fun!!! Thanks for a great week.

Here is Jake and cousins on the Sea Wasp. They had a ball behind the wave runner until a ranger pulled Scott over for having no flagger and too many riders. At least he didn't get a ticket!
Here's my niece on the slide. Scott miraculously got Jake down it twice! 
Theme of the week: GNATS! There were so many gnats it sounded like a beehive. We killed what we could with Raid, but they were pretty bad both weeks. Yuck! It doesn't look like many, but they are only the size of a crumb.
What a sweetie!
Grammy and Jake
The kids cooling off midday with the AC on and a movie. 
Alisa on her perch. She climbed these two steps all day long and felt so big!
He's going to kill me later! This was bath time with dad off the back of the houseboat. Later he admitted it was a little bit owie on the bum.
Bath time with dad
Fishing with the cousins. They loved it, of course!
My sister and I with our little roasted chickens!
Alisa and cousin--4 months apart. Behind her are my sister and friend. The tongue-twister: Alisa, Eliza, Lisa, and Alicia (and Ali).


My parents always fall asleep in this chair! Isn't that sweet? I love it. Lookin' good, Mom and Dad!
Fishing! He was so excited about his catfish.
Playing with his cousin (7 months apart) and having a blast!
We went into Page to go to church (our one time on land in between two weeks on the Lake!) and got some food before my sister and fam drove home to UT. Miss you guys!


3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Hey Ali. I found your blog off of Ashleys but this is Scotts cousin, Mikes daughter. I am so glad I found it. Its so funny to see those pictures of Scott at the lake with your kids. It really reminds me of being with him at the lake. He always was a fun cousin to hang out with. Anyways I hope its alright if I stay updated. Its so good to hear how my relatives are doing :)

Colleen said...

such fun times! I bet you were a bit tired of it after two straight weeks. We did that once and got kind of chaffed! Love the pics!

JLJ said...

oh so jealous. I haven't been to Powell for 4 years now. Looks like an awesome family vacation. Although I think you're all very brave for taking all your little ones!