Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Grand Canyon and Beyond!!!

These pictures are in reverse order... you'd think I'd learn by now! Load the last ones first!

We met up with our friends, the Garricks, while in Flagstaff and went to the Grand Canyon. It was a lot of fun. The kids were funny--I couldn't tell if they liked the grand canyon or the snowballs more! Jake pegged Bonnie right in the eye! Sorry, Bonnie! We just walked along the rim. It must have been about 2 1/2 miles or so by the time we were done. Jake walked at least a mile, and was totally exhausted. He fell asleep in the backpack and didn't wake up even when Scott put him down. Poor kid! 
Alisa is already a rule-follower...bless her! Hold on tight!
Seamans and Garricks
Jake LOVES dogs. In the morning, he'd ask to sleep by "Abby the dog" (formerly Abby but since Abby the girl is his friend, too...) and pull her other bed in by her. Jake and Alisa were in heaven playing with her. Alisa started saying "dah" for dog. Cute!

More Grand Canyon





8 comments:

Andy & Jen said...

Looks like you guys had a fun & action packed spring break! I'm sad to admit, I was born & raised in AZ but I've never visited the Grand Canyon... maybe one day!

Kristi said...

Looks like a GREAT time! I keep meaning to take the kiddos to Buffalo Park, thank you for the inspiration! Maybe I will this week!
All of the pics are gorgeous, I especially love the ones of the kids at Easter.

megan said...

Fun hike!! The Grand Canyon looked like fun! Was it so beautiful? I love the backpacks!! Where did you get them? We were just talking the other day about how it would be nice to have one!! And just yesterday I asked abby what she wanted to do and she said "Play with Jake"...so maybe sometime we could get together? :)

Haynes Family said...

What a fun trip! I still have never been to the Grand Canyon. Your pictures are beautiful!

Cambrienelson said...

wow-- what a spring break! Looks like you guys had fun. Great grand canyon pictures. we'll have to do it ....someday.

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

That looks so fun. It makes me homesick for Flag and the Grand Canyon. Cute pictures!

Ashley said...

Hey cousins!!! Your mom just commented on my blog and let me know that you guys also blogged!!! YIPPIE! I love to see your little kids. Mine is private however so email me with your email address so I can invite you to it! My email is noahandashley@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

How fun to visit the Grand Canyon! I bet we were in Flag the same time- ahhhh! it would have been fun to meet up!