Sunday, April 6, 2008

Who went pee-pee on the wall? and more

We had a humidifier for Alisa running all night. There was condensation on the walls. Jake woke up and the first thing he said was, "Someone went pee-pee on the wall. Maybe it was Hallie!"

Tonight we "read" Matt. 4:18-22 for family scriptures (we read them from the gospel art pictures) where Jesus said, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." We were talking about how Jesus wants us to follow him, when Jake, in true Jakey style, said, "I don't want to follow Jesus." I tried not to laugh, and explained that we can follow Jesus by being nice, sharing, listening to mom and dad, etc. Right in the middle of my explanation, he says, "I don't want to follow Jesus because... because my foot hurts!" 

Speaking of... he is really into I don't want to _______ (fill in the blank). I don't want to pray. I don't want to get baptized. I don't want to follow Jesus. What ever happened to I don't want to make mom mad? I don't want to hurt Alisa? Take toys away? Disobey? Yeah, too bad those aren't on his list of don't want to's. 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Your little guy is is entertaining! Ashlyn has a few of her own, but not nearly this many! She did inform me a few weeks ago that she wasn't going to church with us that day, but other than that she's still pretty faithful:)