Sunday, October 12, 2008

Clash of gay rights and religious liberties

I read an interesting article from Benji's blog. Click here to read it. Again, I am floored at how the passing of Proposition 8 is essential in protecting religious freedom and parental rights. Check it out.

This quote from the article struck me. It is from a case where a photographer refused to photograph a lesbian couple's ceremony. Read the article. Vote YES on PROP.8!

"It's a very different situation when we're talking about promoting a message," Lorence says. "When it's 'We want to punish you for not helping us promote our message that same-sex marriage is OK,' that for me is a very different deal. It's compelled speech. You're using the arm of the government for punishing people for disagreeing with you."

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. I am appalled. Seriously. Wow! Shaken to the core. I've heard about some of these cases, but reading them all together makes me want to stand up and SCREAM!

Honestly, that is one reason I do like living here in Utah. So, are gays and lesbians going to take over the rights of the rest of the U.S.A? I think they are trying pretty darn hard. They are just breaking people down until it's so ingrained in them (us) that we are all bigots and politically incorrect and uncaring HATEFUL people because we believe homosexualilty is wrong. I do think they will wear people down until they just don't want to hear about it anymore, they hope it will go away, so they grant them whatever they want.

I PRAY Prop. 8 passes. GOOD FOR YOU for working the cause, Ali and Scott!!!!!!!!!!!

Carleton & Robyn said...

Hey Ali,

You're so sweet. I love the picture you have of us-it's better than mine. Will you please email it to me? I have your glasses and your bowl. We'll have to get together again so I can return them-hehehehe!