Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Long Overdue Pictures

Well, nothing amazing. I just didn't post these ever. My sis and bro-in-law came to stay for a few days and enjoy the So Cal fall with a trip to the beach. It was so much fun to have them all to ourselves, although we missed their kiddos and probably put a hold on their romantic getaway. Thanks for staying with us! Of course, we didn't take a picture of them on their bikes on the boardwalk (fun!) or of us all together. Or of them at all. Sorry. We really do love you. 

Sum up of the beach:
1. Boogie boarding attempt (yeah, right. I am not so good at this)
2. Scott slept on a blanket the whole time. J&J slept. I played with the kids.
3. Jake and Alisa made friends with 10 year old girls and took over their sand castle. Maybe I didn't play as much as they wanted!
4. Alisa likes the taste of sand.


First Day of Preschool picture happened to be about the fourth day. Ah, well. I can't always remember what a good mom is supposed to do. I was just happy we were getting there on time. 
Jake and Alisa like to play in our mostly dug up garden area. This day, Jake filled Alisa's clothes with dirt. This picture doesn't even capture the filth.
The culprit, mopping the dirty slide. Jake is always in undies, only. It is the bare minimum requirement here, as it's so hot! The other day he got his undies dirty in the mud, and I found him sitting buck naked in the dirty garden area. He was really surprised to find dirt in the cracker. Bath time early that day.

Lastly, I wanted to get a side-by-side shot of these two. Think they might be related? It's more than just looks. This is my bro., Josh, awhile after he knocked out his front tooth and his other one turned gray. Familiar story, huh? Jake's just following in his fireman uncle's footsteps...


1 comment:

Juls said...

when I saw the beach and dirt pictures I just had to think of the sand in the diaper the next day!

MAN Josh and Jake look a lot alike! That is still how I picture Josh :)