Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Life is Precious!



One of my amazing friends just gave birth to her sixth child. He is so beautiful and such a little miracle. As I was holding him, I was reminded of just how much God trusts us. What a blessing to have a child! I'm so grateful to be a mother! It is a miracle that a female body can and was designed to grow another human being inside of it. It was a reminder to me of the truth that God designed the family unit--male and female--the core of our society and of our world, for that matter. 

I was reminded this again as I read an article by Elder Russel M. Nelson, who is one of the twelve apostles in my church. He says:

     Life is precious! No one can cuddle an innocent infant, look into those beautiful eyes, feel           the little fingers, and kiss that baby's cheek without a deepening reverence for life and for         our Creator. Life comes from life. It is no accident. It is a gift from God. Innocent life is not       sent by Him to be destroyed. It is given by Him and is naturally to be taken by Him alone. 

Amen to that! Life is precious! Reading this and holding that little babe helped me remember what matters most in this life. 

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Ali, what a beautiful post! Gave me chills:)
Parenthood is truly the greatest blessin there is!

AshleyS said...

that's beautiful, and something i needed to hear. life comes from life...i love that. it really is too amazing to put into words how amazing it is to be a mother (stretch marks and all, haha!)

Jacqui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqui said...

Fantastic post, Al. Love it, love it, love it. It is so true. We need to defend the family and the rights of the unborn. Thank you for doing that!

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

How sweet. I am sooo excited to meet our own little baby. It is all really amazing. I just read that article, too, (from the Ensign, right?) and I loved it. I wish I could get it out to the world!!!!