Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bath time, Mud, and Other Joys of my life!

Here are the two cuties in the bath together! They crack me up. Alisa is so into Jake and just wants to do whatever he is doing...which doesn't make him happy (mostly because she takes his toys).


The other day was sunny and warm. Jake turned on the hose, without my permission. He sprayed Alisa's chair and then made some serious mud in the garden area. The garden is planted now! Yea! (Except for tomatoes and some herbs...we'll plant those the first part of March). Alisa went straight for the water under the chair and had a great time eating grass and leaves. Jake got soooo muddy. Actually, every day it was warm he got soooo muddy. I did a whole load of muddy clothes laundry at the end of that warm spell. Love it. 


Alisa started full-on crawling a couple of weeks ago. She really gets around. She is mostly pulling up on her knees, but not all the way standing. However, last week I found her like this:


Well, she was actually really happy standing there, until I left to get the camera... Funny girl!

Last but not least, I made cookies for a family that took care of our kids for the marathon. One sheet was doughy and one was still baking, so I stuck the doughy ones back in the oven, thinking I'd take them out in a few. I went back to make a QUICK phone call (for a dr. appt. for Jake). I think it was a quick call, but then I got busy doing other things. Later, I smelled burning chocolate chips and came in to this:

So, they aren't burned, but they are really crispy! They are my favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and I was bummed that I burned half of them! Ah! There is another instance that proves childbirth destroys the brain. 

Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies (from my OLD roommate, Risa Webb)
1 c. butter 2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. sugar 2 1/2 c. oatmeal, blended in blender to make powder
1 c. brown sugar 1/2 t. salt
2 eggs 1 t. baking powder
1 t. vanilla 1 t. baking soda
12 oz. chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients. Mix all together. Add chocolate chips. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets @ 375 for 6-8 minutes. Don't over-bake! (yes, my recipe says that!) Makes 56 cookies.

8 comments:

Camille said...

Oh my gosh i the picture of Jake in the bath looks just like scott to me and the one with Alisa with the towel on her head looks like a total CRANE! There are the first pics that i could say that on. So cute. You make having two look easy. Is it not as hard as it looks?

Camille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqui said...

Okay, Yum! Those cookies look good. It must be late!

Love the pics. I've been blog hungry lately--probably because it's freezing with 2 feet of snow here--so I am glad you have a new post. Those outdoor pics make me soooo jealous and covetous (I know, I'll repent later). I can't believe Alisa is crawling! AH! We miss so much. She is such a dolly. Love that crying picture. I remember how much Ash loved Liv until she was about 6 months old and started taking Ash's toys. Then there was a bit of irritation on Ashley's end. Cute, cute, cute.

BTW, Olivia suggested we move to your house until the summer. "Just until summer, Mom, then we can move back home because it'll be warm." You wouldn't mind a family of six moving in, would ya?

Jacqui said...

What recipe is that?

Ali said...

I added the recipe. Tell Olivia come on over! Ha! It'd be nice to be close, but maybe not so close we couldn't breathe!!!!

Jennifer said...

I too am sooo jealous of your weather - mostly because you get to start planting your garden already!!! Now, I am not anywhere close to a decent gardener, but we try every year and I love to eat the stuff that turns out. For enrichment last week we had a class on starting seeds indoors so I guess I'll be providing my own fake sun and warmth to start my garden soon too. I guess that at least I don't have to worry about Ashlyn playing with the hose and mud for a few more months though so I guess there's some good to the cold weather:)

Kristi said...

Soooo cute! I think muddy kids are the cutest thing in the world! By the way - you have the same crib we used to! Ours was from when my older bro was born and was a child hazard so we finally got a "new" one with Hannah.

Cambrienelson said...

Gardening! Good for you! My vain attempts last year failed. I'm not used to this california weather and soil. I'll have to get some tips from you.....for next year of course : )