Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Jake

Tonight we were at the Gerrard's. Jake ran out with a crazed look in his eye and a toy hammer in his hand. Out of breath, he told us there was a "crockroach" in Hallie's room and he tried to smash it. It was a cricket, so we told him the cricket's name was Jimminy and he should go find it. He was back there, with Hallie, saying, "Jiminy, where are you?" and then coming out to us to tell us he "losed it." 

So Scott was putting Jake to bed and was about to launch into "Lead me, guide me" when Jake said, "Wait, wait! I have to tell you a secret!" He then whispered, "The crockroach is my friend." Scott whispered back that it was his friend,too. Jake stopped playing and said aloud, "No, the crockroach is my friend!" 

2.6.07
Tonight I'm getting the king of stalling ready for bed, when he suddenly remembers, "Mom! We forgot to cut my nails! We forgot!" It hasn't been too long, Jake. Let me see...they aren't very long, Jake. "No mom! Hurry, let's get the cutters so the bugs don't get my nails!"  Nail bugs? Why not? We always scare him with the tooth bugs in his teeth! 

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

Love it! The Crockroach story is hilarious.