Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Melt Your Heart

Jake's favorite game is to hide in very conspicuous places and make us say, "Where's Jake?" Recently he's taken to hiding Alisa. We cracked up when he said where's Alisa and we looked down to find this... Yep. Under the blanket, which, btw, was a Christmas present knitted especially for me by Scott's mom and sisters! Beautiful, isn't it?


Oh, my goodness! She is getting so big!!!!
Jake wanted to feed Alisa. It lasted about 30 seconds, but it was sweet! She looks really big! She IS wearing 18-24 month pj's, as I got them for 1.50 each on clearance and Target. 

On a personal note, Alisa has decided to ween herself, I think. She will be 9 months old on Sunday. Yesterday she had a hard time wanting to nurse and bit me really hard (She drew blood! Ouch!). Today she refused to nurse two of the four times! It was tricky getting her to nurse the other two times. She took a bottle just fine, though. I don't think I am ready for her to ween herself! Sniff, sniff. I am sad. I know it's just life, but I nursed Jake until he was a year old! 

Jake's latest saying: "When I'm older, I can do (or use) that..."(weed whacker, knife, scissors, anything sharp).

Scott has had long days this week. He had a laser class from 5:30-8:30 on Mon. and Tue. Tuesday he managed to sneak home for 30 minutes to eat with us before going to the class. Jake was so cute when Scott said he had to go. Clinging to his neck, he said, "Don't go dad! I will be so sad if you go! You just have to stay here with me! Please stay with me. I will be sad if you go to school!" Melt your heart! 

6 comments:

Jacqui said...

Oh, I miss you guys! I can't believe how big Alisa is getting--standing up to closets to rummage? Crazy!

You know Ash did the same thing with nursing. She actually tried to wean at 6 months. I forced her to nurse until 8 months. The only way I could get her to do it was in bed in the morning and evening, and Jeff couldn't be in the room AT ALL. If he even walked through, it was over and she'd refuse to nurse anymore. I was crushed, but it's not so bad to do the bottle thing! It's much easier to be mobile, too, as nursing discreetly in public at that age is dang near impossible.

That cute Jake! I just want to hug him. Of course he'd probably yell, "Stop it!" at me...hahahaha.

PS Olivia suggested we go to your house this Saturday. You up for that? Jeff is also trying to finagle some kind of crazy weekend roadtrip to Cali.

Jacqui said...

PS You cut Jakes hair! When did you do that?

Ali said...

Oh, I cut it a week or two ago, and was sad the minute I did it! I'm growing it out again, and this time just sticking to the scissors!

I am definitely up for you coming and staying whenever. it'll be crazy fun! Full house!

Juls said...

I love the fangs. My friends baby had teeth like that too.

Sarah also wanted to wean herself (at 9 mo), but sometimes you just get to that point where it will be okay...it is always a little sad though!

kids are too cute! that is sad about class...it really stinks when they are gone so much!

Kristi said...

WOW! Alisa is so big! She is such a beautiful little girl!
If it makes you feel any better my kids wean themselves at anywhere from 3-4 months. I just always wish that I could go that long! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

It is so hard when they start to grow up and not need you anymore...Your kids are adorable! And you are a great blogger!