Wednesday, May 28, 2008

All You Never Wanted to Know About ME

1. What time did you get up this morning?  6:45 am. I love sleeping in! 
2. What was the last movie you saw? Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Can I just say it was WAY too gory and gross for me! Ew. I'd pass, but I did like the first one, despite the gore. Just trying to prep for the new movie, which I am sure I will see at Christmas when it comes out on dvd. Ah, the student life!  
3. Where is the most beautiful place you've ever been? Kauai. Gorgeous private beaches and Napali coast day hike with my old roomie, Megan Hadley. Her family (from there) had a great outdoor shower if you didn't mind sharing it with frogs!
4. What do you usually have for breakfast? Cold cereal with 1% milk (an indulgence!). 
5. What is your favorite food? I love fresh fruit. Why am I not pencil thin? I also love ethnic foods (thai curry, etc.) as well as a Cafe Rio salad with cilantro lime dressing. YUMMO.
6. What food do you dislike? I am not crazy about a strong, fishy fish or fishy sea food. 
7. What is your favorite CD lately? I am sooo modern music-challenged. I like Michael Buble and the Hairspray soundtrack, but name any song on the radio and I have no clue what it is or who the singer is. 
8. Favorite Sandwich? Um... I don't have one, but I like crusty, yummy bread with turkey or chicken and lots of toppings like avacados, bacon, strong cheese, lots of veggies. I like 'em cold and hot. I have a hard time choosing favorites.
9. What characteristics do you despise? Violence, disrespect, rude, inconsiderate. Arrogance, haughty, people who are vindictive, liars. AMEN! THESE ARE FROM MY SIS AND BRO IN LAW. I agree!
10. Favorite item of clothing? I don't have one. I despise my pathetic wardrobe and my lack of style. Sorry to be negative, but there you have it. Maybe if I dropped a few pounds, my clothes would look a little better to me...
11. If you could go anywhere in the world for a vacation, where would you go? Europe. 
12. What color is your bathroom? White. It's a rental. Oh, I should mention the stunning baby pink tile counter, lined by black tile. Probably from the 50's.
13. Favorite brand of clothing? Don't have one. Confession: I didn't know what Juicy Couture or any Couture was until talking to my sis. Yep. I am a fashion disaster.
14. What was your most memorable birthday? A slumber party in 6th grade. We went swimming at the Nautitorium (sp?) and had pizza. I got a Wilson Phillips cassette tape. I was hip.
15. Favorite sport to watch? Maybe soccer? I like watching BYU football, but haven't in a long time.
16. Favorite saying? Lately? "Try that again, Jake."  I don't know!
17. Shoe size? 7.5 or 8 (width issues). My sister and I used to buy shoes together. I was a 7, and she's a 9, so we'd buy an 8. She had a sore on her toe for years because she'd squish into an 8, and I'd be tripping and floppin' around a bit, but hey, we looked cool in the latest shoes. 
18. Pets? No, thank you. I am NOT an animal lover. We had a goldfish (thanks, Jared and Kristen) which lasted a week. It had been about 105 here and our house thermometer was reading over the max (the needle was past 90--we have no central AC) and I think we cooked our poor little Nemo. Jake was not heartbroken and I was thankful my prayers were answered and the poor thing died! It sounds inhumane, but I really did go out and get fish food for the thing, knowing it would die soon but not wanting it to starve. I am just not an animal person. 
19. What did you want to be when you were little? A mommy. A doctor. 
20. What are you today? I had to read this a few times. Obviously, I am not inspired! I am a mommy. A chef. A taxi driver. A nurse. A star wars character and expert sword fighter. A dentist (I DID diagnose Jake's cavity!). A teacher. An entertainer. Exhausted. Happy. 
21. What is your favorite candy? Chocolate. Good chocolate with crunchies (nuts, toffee, etc.) in it. I am not much of a candy fan, actually. I like cookies over candy. I could pass on sugary, non-chocolate candy any day.
22. What is your favorite flower? I don't know. I like most. Don't like carnations. I love tulip gardens.
23. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? June 12. Last day of finals before a long summer break.
24. What are you listening to right now? Crickets chirping and an occasional car.
25. What was the last thing you ate?  Watermelon. Scrumptious! 
26. Do you believe in Angels?  Yes.
27. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Silver. 
28. Pet Peeves? Smoking. When I forget something... an appointment, a birthday, etc. It happens a lot! Dirty house. Disorganized house. A dirty stove top. Ew. 
29. Favorite TV show? I don't watch t.v. We don't have it. I did like So You Think You Can Dance and American Idol when we'd watch it at Christy's! :)
30. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Scott. He was finally coming home from lab for dinner. We'd already finished dinner... 
31. Do you like the person who sent you this?   My sis! I love her!
32. Favorite soft drink? Water.  
33. Hair Color? Brown
34. Favorite restaurant? Once again, hard to choose a favorite. I like Cheesecake factory but it's heavy. I like small, non-chain restaurants like Oreganos. Cafe Rio. Small Vietnamese restaurants with yummy pho.
35. Siblings? 3 sisters, 2 brothers 
36. What was your favorite toy as a child?  Trampoline
37. Summer or Winter?  Summer over winter. I like the Lake and trying to be tan. 
38. Hugs or Kisses? Hugs.
39. Chocolate or vanilla? Definitely chocolate.
40. What is under your bed? Swimsuits (I know, odd), toilet paper, paper towels, duffel bags, computer stuff, pasta. We don't have much storage in the kitchen, ok? Cobwebs. Love living by a field!
41. When was the last time you cried? Stone heart is Scott's nickname for me. I don't know. Oh, yes I do! A few days before my birthday.
42. Who is the friend you've had the longest?
Ali and my mom. 
43. What did you do last night for dinner?  Soft tacos. Old standard when I don't want to put much effort or time into it.
44. Favorite smell? Scott's deoderant or freshly washed face at night (he uses St. Ives Apricot Scrub).
45. What are you most afraid of? Losing my family. Being separated from my family. 
46. Favorite day of the week? Jeff wins the Saint award on this one. I'll have to say Saturday--IF Scott doesn't have to study. Otherwise, Sunday.
47. How many towns have you lived in? Technically? Nine. Three were in Honduras.
48. Do you make friend easily? Maybe? I'd like to think so, but maybe not? I feel like a friendly person.
49. Are you happy? YEP.
Whew! So, why are there only 49 questions. Shouldn't there be fifty? I am adding a #50

50. Why did you do this tag? Because Scott is in lab. I am not that interested in my book and our library is closed for a bit. Because I started it and didn't realize how long it'd take. Gosh, I could've been ironing! 

2 comments:

JLJ said...

#42: I'm so glad that you're your own best friend.... just the way it should be. :)

I too could give up every sugary candy as long as there were cookies and cupcakes left on earth.

Jacqui said...

I know you meant ME...the friend you've had the longest. Hahaha.

I loved your answers. You do have a hard time picking favorites. :) Love the fish story. I couldn't stand goldfish, either. I pawned them off on my piano student, tank and all. I couldnt' stand cleaning it and they always had a bit strand of fish poo hanging off them. nasty! You made me change my mind about sandwiches--I do like cold ones if they are "fancy" with lots of toppings and GOOD bread.

PS Europe countdown--5 years, right? or is it 6?