Friday, May 2, 2008

Taking over for Ali




This is Scott.

I am filling in for Ali this weekend as she is up in Utah for Women's Conference for her birthday. I thought I should try my hand at blogging to really get the full effect of a day in the life of Ali. (A big thanks to my parents, again, for flying her up there as their gift.) She is having a fun time, but she misses her blogging buddies (a big "hello" to all of you out there catching up on everyone's blogs tonight...) and her family. The kids and I are doing great here. We made it through two days of school in the morning and together time in the afternoon. (A BIG thanks to Christy for watching the kids while I was at school.) What an adventure. Somehow we made it to Christy's house both days by 7:30 am and I made it to school to see my patients on time. I don't know how single parents do it. After a day of school and kids, the last thing I want to do once they are down for the night is study. But Pharmacology awaits. Big midterm next week. Very dry subject when you are tired. Sometimes I think I could go for a little theophylline or other methyxanthine derivative. I love being with my kids. Life is never boring. Any time I accidently bump into Jake as we cross paths, he promptly says, "Say sorry Jake." I apologize without thinking and he says, "that's alright." He is already keeping us in line. Tonight we hooked up the new old baby bike seat from eBay and rode to the bike. Jake was thrilled--"We are riding bikes all together!" Alisa just enjoyed the ride, chattin' it up in baby babble. Well, wish me luck. Two days to go. Just me, the kids, and pharm. We'll have to mix it up a little tomorrow. A three-year-old cannot watch 8 hours of movies, no matter how much he loves the tube. Here are some pix of what I am up against at school and at home. Which would you choose?

p.s. Happy Birthday, Hon. Love you.  

7 comments:

Ali said...

that's rode to the "park", not to the "bike", sorry. First time blogging...

Ali said...

Wow. You are a natural blogger! Thanks for watching the kiddos. I'd choose them over the teeth! :) Love you.

Phillip and Mary said...

Hi Scott! Remember me?... Elder Brough?... I've got you on OUR family's blog site now so that I can keep tabs on you. Which dental school are you at? Which year? I'm finishing up my first year of med school at WVU. I remember last semester Mary went to Washington DC (3 hrs from here) for four days or so with her mom. Our wives need those breaks, but wow, you're right about how intense life gets when you're filling multiple roles! Pois, ate mais. Vai para meu/minha (qual seria?) blog a www.pandmbrough.blogspot.com Te amo rapaz.

AshleyS said...

Happy Birthday Ali!!!!!Hope you are having fun in Utah. and good job Scott! There's no way I would have energy to study at the end of the day, and I only have 1 kid!

Kristi said...

Wow Scott, that is impressive that you would blog for Ali! Thank you for letting her go - we had soooo much fun!

Jacqui said...

Good job, Scott. Nice post. We had a ball with Ali. Thanks for being such a great hubby and daddy, and taking over the responsibilities!!

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

Oh, I want to throw up. That is a real picture?? I now have a greater respect for dentists. Thank goodness for latex gloves.