Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Here they are with the yummy breakfast! Guess who's the new cheese queen?

Posing

Cheese queen

She is the culprit! She is thrilled to be in Jake's chair with Jake's doggie... forbidden items!

Scott woke up with the kids today at 6 am... Bless his soul! I finally got out of bed around 7:30 and was greeted by a wonderful homemade breakfast of french toast and fresh fruit (some of my favorite things!) Scott even made homemade french bread last night in the bread maker (it was too late to go to the store). It was scrumptious! 

During breakfast, Scott told Jake he should sing me a special Mother's day song. I was all geared up to hear him sing a sweet song. He said, "How 'bout the Darth Gator song (Darth Vador)?" Scott said, "Well, how about Mother I love you?" Jake: "No, how 'bout the Darth Gator song? She will like that!" And he started in "da, da, da, da-da-daaaa, da-da-daaa." What a tribute to mothers! Ha!

Oh, here's a funny story. We were at the grocery store yesterday. Jake wanted to get a green apple. I let him pick one. He held it and kept saying, "This is my green apple. It is scrumptious! It will make me big and healthy and strong!" Really loud. I especially loved the "scrumptious" part. What a crack up. Sure enough, as soon as I had paid for it, he asked for it and scarfed it. Glad he is making healthy food choices.

I am so blessed to be a mother and be able to be at home with my kids! I wouldn't trade my job for the world!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Scott! Impressed again! Not only making french toast, but making the bread, too! Somebody raised you right!

Yes, Alisa IS the cheese queen! But, Jake is still the cheese King!

Love the mother's day song story. IT made me laugh and laugh.

Ashley said...

I like the Darth Gator song better.

alpine alert-pali eternal said...

Jake cracks me up! Darth Gator Dua da da daaa - that is just hilarious I don't care who you are.

Jacqui said...

Okay, that little girl of yours is a DOLL! What a cute little cheeser. she's obviously learned the ropes from her cute cheeser older brother. Love these pictures.

What a lovely mother's day. Go Scott, go!

And I love the grocery store story. Scrumptious! It's like Eth saying, "Mmmm...delicious!" when he eats. So darn funny coming out of such a little mouth.